Your Instagram bio is the only place where you can share a clickable link with your followers. It’s important to add a trackable link so that you can understand how much traffic you are driving to your website and measure your marketing efforts accurately and effectively.
Setting up Click Analytics:
- Select ‘Clicks’ from the left-hand menu of your Minter.io profile.
- If this is the first time you have accessed Clicks, click on the button ‘Configure link tracking’. This will generate a minter.ly tracking link. You can also use your own domain. Learn more about how to set up your own domain.
- Copy your tracking link
4. Open your Instagram app and click on ‘Edit Profile’.
5. Paste the tracking link into the website field and click ‘Done’ (or ‘Save’ if you are on a desktop).
6. Set your target link. To do this, go back to the Clicks section of your Minter.io profile and enter the link you’d like to track into the field ‘New Target Link’. This can be your website, blog, or a specific product you are promoting.
Once you’ve copied your tracking link into your Instagram bio and set your target link, you’re ready to start tracking your Instagram traffic!
Each time someone clicks on the link in your Instagram bio link they'll be redirected to the target page you defined. During the redirecting process, Minter.io will collect data to create detailed reports about your Instagram traffic.
Want to change your target link? You don't need to log into Instagram to change the link in your bio. Just log into your Minter.io account and update your target link or update it through the API. Minter.io will automatically redirect to a new target link.
You can also schedule your target link to change automatically at a specific time and date in the future. This is useful when you schedule the publication of a new blog post or start a new campaign.
You can do this by:
- Updating your target link to the new link you wish to use.
- Selecting ‘Schedule change’ below the URL entry box.
- Choose the date and time you wish the change to occur.
- Click ‘Save’.