- Make sure your Instagram account is connected to the right Facebook Page.
In the Instagram app on your mobile device, go to your profile then select 'Edit profile'.
Under 'Public Business Information' select 'Page'.
Choose a Page from your Pages that you'd like to connect to or select 'Create a New Facebook Page'. Then tap 'Done'.
2. Make sure you are an admin of the Facebook Page.
To link your brand's Facebook Page, you first need to be an admin of that Page on Facebook.
If you are not an admin of the Page, you can ask other admins to connect the Facebook Page for you. To do this they need to be logged into their personal Facebook that is linked to the Facebook Page and your Minter.io account.
To see your role on the page:
- Go to the Page on Facebook.
- Click ‘Settings’ at the left of your Page.
- Choose ‘Page Roles’ in the left-hand column.
- Scroll down. At the bottom of the Page you will be able to see your role for the Page and the option to edit it.
Please note that you need role permissions granted directly through the Page settings, and not via Business Manager. You can ask other Page admins to use the Page settings on Facebook to give you the required permissions.
3. Make sure we have permissions.
In your Facebook account, navigate to Settings > Business Integrations:(https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools) and click 'View and Edit' next to Minter.io, ensuring all options in the pop up are enabled:
If the issue persists please remove the Minter.io Integration by selecting it with the checkbox and then clicking the 'Remove' button:
Then go back to your Minter.io account and try connecting Facebook again. When you get to the step to check "what you allow" on Facebook, please make sure you give our app all the required permissions to all your managed pages.
Please note: Removing Minter.io from your business integrations will also disconnect any Facebook Pages that you currently have connected.
4. Reconvert your Instagram account to a business profile.
Please note: Your Insights will be lost on Instagram when converting your Instagram account back to a personal profile, but not on Minter.io.
If you are having trouble connecting your Instagram to your Minter.io account and your Instagram account is a business profile without a Facebook Page properly connected to it, we will switch it back to a personal account, and then through Facebook reconvert it to a business profile.
Here’s how to do that:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile.
- Tap on your profile icon in the lower right-hand corner. Then tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner and select ‘Settings’.
3. Tap ‘Account’, then ‘Switch to Personal Account’.
4. Go to Facebook and head to the Page that you would like to be connected to your Instagram business profile.
5. Click ‘Settings’ at the left of the Page and then click ‘Instagram’ in the left-hand sidebar.
6. If there is already an Instagram connected to the Facebook Page, disconnect it by clicking ‘Disconnect’ at the bottom of the screen.
7. After you have disconnected the Instagram account (or if there was not one already connected), click ‘Connect Account’ towards the top of the screen.
8. Enter your Instagram username and password.
9. You will then see a pop-up window asking you to set up your Instagram business profile. Continue with the on-screen instructions. If you've closed the pop-up window, click ‘Switch Now’ to the right and then follow the on-screen instructions.
10. Finally, head back over to Minter.io and try connecting your Instagram account again.
Still having trouble? You can reach out to our friendly support team by emailing: [email protected]